What is Happening:
After an unsuccessful sync, you see the following error in your Web Connector Log:
Why This is Happening:
QuickBooks 2007 and later versions are designed to function with User Account Control (a Windows setting) enabled. If UAC is not enabled, you may see this - or other - errors.
CAUTION: User Account Control is a Windows 7 and Vista security feature that helps prevent the automatic installation of unauthorized applications and unintended changes to systems settings. Disabling UAC may create a security risk on your computer. For more information please refer to How to use User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista or, for Windows 7, What are User Account Control Settings? on Microsoft's Help and Support site. You may also want to consult your system administrator.
To turn UAC on or off:
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
- Click the View by drop-down arrow and select Large icons.
- Click User Accounts.
- Click Change User Account Settings.
- Move the slider to Never Notify and click OK.
- Restart your computer
- Click the Windows Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- If it is not already selected, click Classic View in the left side of the window.
- Double-click User Accounts.
- Click Turn User Account Control on or off.
- Select or clear User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer.